Have you had your Pap – smear test? This can save your life!!!
What is a Pap smear?
- It checks for changes in the cells of your cervix- neck of your uterus / womb.
- Changes are due to the HPV virus activity on your cervix.
- Sex can introduce this virus to your body which can cause cervical cancer later.
- Having your pap-smears can help identify the early stages of cervical cancer.
- Treatment today can cure the Cervical Cancer and in most cases could be prevented from developing.
WHO SHOULD HAVE A PAP-SMEAR TEST? AND HOW OFTEN?
- woman over 18 years and less than 70
- who has ever had sexual contact with male partner / female partner s
- Pap smears every 2 yearly regardless of vaccination status for prevention of cervical cancer /HPV vaccination.
HOW A PAP-SMEAR IS DONE…
- Pap smear is a simple procedure which will be conducted by your chosen GP.
- It only takes a few minutes.
- On site Pathology Provider will complete the test at their Lab.
- All our Doctors are well trained to perform this small test and should not cause any pain
- If you prefer a lady Doctor to perform this test for you we have a Lady Doctor available from Monday to Saturday.
- If you wish to have more information about this come in and talk to our Doctors or Nurse. They will help you understand about this test.
- Book an appointment without delay for your pap smear which can save your life.
HOW TO OBTAINE YOUR RESULTS
- Please book an appointment to get your results from your Doctor. The Doctor will explain more about the results. We do not do this over the phone.